- Haywood County should not fund or facilitate grant funding from other sources which promote low barrier shelters in Haywood County. Click here to learn more.
- Haywood County needs to build the Jail Annex! Our jail overcrowding issue has led to detrimental operational practices, and has had a negative effect on law enforcement operations and safety in our community. Click here to learn more.
- Haywood County should not fund or promote grant funding from other sources which perpetuate the continued use of drugs (such as needle exchange programs), “safe use spaces”, etc.
- Haywood County needs more thoughtful review of proposed development and growth in our county.
- Haywood County should better support and maintain vocational education programs in our county. Click here to learn more.
- Haywood County needs better support of litter prevention through active cleanups, as well as the introduction of architectural measures aimed at curtailing vagrancy in areas around bridges, roadsides, parks, etc. Click here to learn more.
- Haywood County needs better communications and cooperation with other jurisdictional bodies to work on issues which cut across jurisdictional lines and have impact upon county residents.
- Haywood County should oppose governmental mandates regarding vaccinations and masking – that should be issue of personal freedom and choice. Click here to learn more.
Erich’s positions are also illustrated by his Letters to the Editor, which can be seen at this link.